- As a resident of Crescent House you have the right to:
- Be called by the name of your choice.
- Care for yourself as far as you are able.
- Take personal responsibility for your own actions and expect all staff to accept that a degree of risk is involved.
- Personal privacy at all times and a right to lock your own room door.
- Invite whoever you choose into your room.
- Have your dignity respected and to be treated as an individual.
- Receive an anti-discriminatory service which is responsive to your race, religion, culture, language, gender, sexuality, disability and age.
- Live your chosen lifestyle.
- Access your own personal records and information relating to decisions made with all staff that affect your life, and where necessary to be assisted with this.
- Take an active part in any decisions about daily living arrangements that affect your life.
- Access outside agencies of your choice e.g. doctor, optician, chiropodist etc., and where necessary to be assisted with this.
- Look after your own medicines, if you are able to do so.
- Control your own finances, if you are able to do so.
- Make personal life choices such as what food you eat and what time you get up and go to bed.
- Be involved in your own care plan and be involved in any formal reviews of your needs, which take place at regular intervals.
- Access a formal complaints procedure and to be represented by a friend, relative or adviser if necessary.
- Participate in voting at election.
Find out more...
Our aimsOur quality policyContact