Our quality policy
Crescent House Care Home is committed to providing quality services for Residents by caring, competent, well-trained staff. This is achieved by:
- Recruitment of staff who share our values and will create a homely atmosphere.
- Providing such resources to ensure that training takes place and is effective.
Crescent House will provide services based upon consultation and assessment of the Residents’ needs. This is achieved by:
- Listening to Residents, staff and others with an interest in the Home.
- Ensuring that assessments are made which balance risks and needs.
- Promoting a level of responsible risk-taking in daily living activity.
- The operation of an effective care planning system.
- Crescent House will involve Residents in the planning and review of the services that are provided for them to ensure that their needs are met. This will be achieved by:
- Enabling and empowering Residents to influence the services provided in the Home by giving each Resident a real say in how services are delivered.
- Encouraging Residents to become involved in all decisions which are likely to affect them, either now or in the longer term.
Crescent House will consult people about their satisfaction with the service and suggestions for improvement. This is achieved by:
- Residents’ consultation and satisfaction surveys.
- Management reviews.
Crescent House will ensure that Residents are fully informed about all matters which might affect their well-being. This is achieved by:
- Key worker support.
- Provision of notice boards or other displays, which inform Residents.
Crescent House will afford all Residents and staff an equality of opportunity in respect of service or working in the Home. This will be achieved by:
- An Equal Opportunities Policy.
Crescent House will ensure that the Home is a safe and secure place to live. This is achieved by:
- Ensuring that the physical environment meets all Health and Safety standards.
- Providing each Resident with a safe and secure place to store their valuables.
Crescent House will offer a range of social activities, which meet the needs of the Residents. This is achieved by:
- Ensuring that activities are offered to each Resident which are appropriate to their needs, abilities or expressed wishes.
- Ensuring that the Home considers their social, spiritual, cultural, emotional and physical needs in the services it offers to Residents.
- Ensuring that Residents feel comfortable to decline any or all of the activities offered by the Home.
Crescent House will provide catering services which meet the expectations of Residents. This is achieved by:
- Planned, structured menus which include Residents’ wishes, choices and preferences.
- Menus which are nutritionally balanced.
- Menus which allow Residents to change their food choices.
Find out more...